Academic Video Online (AVON) provides access to 68,000 videos covering a wide range of topics, including 500+ documentaries. Many of the videos are exclusive to AVON. To access AVON, click on the following link:
Remember, when accessing from off campus, you will be prompted for your Vanguard University credentials. That is the same username and password you use to access Canvas and your Vanguard University email address.
If the video is embedded in a Canvas page using the method below, students should not be prompted for their Vanguard University credentials to view the video.
IT has installed the Alexander Street video app in Canvas. The following instructions detail how to embed videos using the app.
1. Create or select an assignment. Then click on Edit.
2. Click on the apps icon and select the Alexander Street Video app.
3. Select View All if you do not see the Alexander Street Video app. A new pop-up window should appear and the app should be listed at the very top. Click on the name of the app - Alexander Street Video. Do not click on "Search and embed Alexander Street video".
4. A new pop-up window with a search box should appear. Search for videos. To embed a video click on either Embed Medium Size or Embed Large Size.
5. Scroll down and select Save or Save & Publish.
6. The video should be embedded and off-campus students should be able to view the video without having to log in to our off-campus authentication system.
If you are having issues, try enabling third party cookies in your browser. Please contact the library if you continue to have any issues.