Database Research Tips:
1. When doing research for an assignment, first think about what your topic or thesis is.
2. Next, what are the buzz words or keywords of your topic?
- Make a list.
- Start general with general terms.
- Then narrow down to more specific keywords.
- Don't type in whole sentences; stick to
3. Use the Boolean Operators with your keywords to include the results you want and filter out what you don't want.
- AND, OR, NOT are the 3 Boolean Operators.
- Find more tips on using symbols and filters
4. When you find a good article, these clues can lead you to others:
- Check the Bibliography of the article for
5. Begin with reading more general articles on your topic, then more specific ones about your thesis.
- You will find articles to support the
different aspects of your essay and thesis.
6. Lastly, there are always librarians ready to help you. Library hours are listed here.