Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
DUE TO COVID-19 LIBRARY BUILDING CLOSURE, COURSE RESERVE BOOKS CANNOT BE CURRENTLY CHECKED OUT.
Placing Books & Articles on Reserve
To place an item on reserve, faculty must fill out a form indicating the class in which the item will be used and the type of reserve (2-hour, library use only, etc…).
When placing items on reserve, please follow these guidelines:
- You must complete the Course Reserve form – one for each class. A downloadable form is located at the top of the page.
- Please submit the form along with the reserve materials 2 weeks before the start of the semester.
- Only circulating library material and professor-owned copies can be placed on reserve. If you are placing a personal copy on reserve, please keep in mind it will be tattle taped (security tape) and a call number sticker will be placed on the spine or front cover along with a “library use only” sticker. The student will be billed for any lost personal copies. It will be the faculty member’s responsibility to replace the item.
- Course readers cannot be placed on reserve.
- If you are planning on placing only a book chapter on reserve, make sure that it is less than 10% of the entire book.
- Please check whether or not you need copyright clearance for the item. If you are unsure, refer to the Course Reserves Copyright tab or contact Pam Crenshaw.
- Please do not tell students an item is on reserve until it is actually in the library. Allow at least a day for materials to be processed.
Please contact Christine Shin for any questions: Christine.Shin@vanguard.edu or 714-966-6376.
- Call 714-966-6382
- Stop by a Librarian's Office
- Submit an Ask-A-Librarian Question Form for an email reply HERE
- Instant message with LibChat (below)